The material on this web site provides general information only and does not constitute legal advice.
All material on this web site is subject to copyright. Use of material from this site, other than for personal use, must be authorised by Nicholas Dibb.
In some cases copyright for logos and images on this web site is held by someone other than Nicholas Dibb, and permission to reproduce them must be requested from the copyright owner.
BUSINESS SALE & PURCHASE
A GENERAL CHECKLIST
The following is a list general issues that will need to be considered in the sale or purchase of a business. For more detailed information please contact Nicholas Dibb Solicitors.
- Restrictions on transfer relating to either the vendor or purchaser.
- The identity of the purchaser and vendor.
- Assets subject to the sale including plant and equipment, stock, debtors, good will, restraints of trade and intellectual property.
- Any current or contingent liabilities of the business including any litigation or prosecution against the business.
- Drafting, amendment and inspection of contract.
- Issues pertaining to staff including the transfer of entitlements and termination of staff.
- The price of the business including any shares.
- Business records including wages, takings and bank accounts.